Rail Boots, Rail Pads & Elastomeric Grout
Northwest Rubber Extruders offers a full line of high quality, high performance railroad equipment and supplies. Our rail boots and rail pads are extruded from durable elastomeric and thermoplastic materials and are easy to install. Our elastomeric grout is specially formulated for demanding railroad construction conditions.
- Provides electrical isolation for embedded rail.
- Reduces excessive noise caused by rail traffic.
- Reduces vibration that can cause excessive maintenance costs.
- Reduces damage caused by road traffic and fasteners used to secure the boot to the rail.
- Designed with retaining clips to ensure a solid bond between the rail boot and surrounding materials.
- Designed for easy installation to reduce time and cost.
Patent US 6422478 B1
Our railroad crossing tie pads are made from thermoplastic materials designed to meet the demanding needs of the railroad industry.
- Increases life on concrete panels reducing replacement costs.
- Distributes the forces caused by projecting irregularities on the tops of the ties.
- Compensates for uneven ties.
- Protects the panel from repeated impact on the ties.
- Designed to resist movement of the pads from their intended positions between the concrete panels and the ties.
Patent US 7278588 B2
Our under tie pads are made from specifically formulated elastomeric material to reduce the modulus of a track over a relatively stiff structure to a magnitude approximating the modulus of track over the terrain surrounding the structure.
- Reduces undesirable amount of vibration.
- Reduces impacts that can dislodge cargo, damage railroad ties, railcar structures, such as wheels, and degrade railroad track.
- Reduces installation costs –pads are molded into concrete tie.
- Reduces ballast breakdown and maintenance costs.
LRT is a two component elastomeric rail grout formulated with fast setting, return to service, Polyurethane. The product is specifically designed for use in rail applications to fill the space between transportation rail structures and the adjacent concrete. The LRT provides electrical rail isolation while absorbing sonic and vibration attacks without cracking.