LRT Elastomeric Grout
Northwest Rubber Extruders' LRT elastomeric grout is a special, two-component formulation made with fast-setting, return to service polyurethane. This railroad tie installation grout is specifically designed for use in rail applications to fill the spaces between transportation rail structures and adjacent concrete.
LRT elastomeric grout provides electrical isolation for electrically-powered light rail and street car tracks. It also absorbs vibration to prevent cracking and damage, and reduces noise caused by rail traffic. The vibration control feature of LRT elastomeric grout helps reduce noise levels usually associated with commuter trains.
LRT Elastomeric Grout Advantages
Elastomeric Grout is specially designed for light rail applications. The three component system consists of a two component polymer and aggregate that imparts vibration and sound dampening properties combined with exceptional electrical resistance. This product is formulated for placements that require good flow and adhesion to both rail and concrete, while maintaining line and grade. Elastomeric Grout is a solvent-free system that provides rapid cure and superior chemical resistance to a variety of chemicals including oils, fuels, acids, caustics and solvents. LRT elastomeric grout is also environmentally friendly and easy to use.
LRT Elastomeric Grout Features & Benefits
The features and benefits associated with Northwest Rubber Extruders’ LRT railroad tie installation grout make it the best in the industry. Some of the more prevalent features and benefits, include:
- Highly adhesive for ease of use
- Light rail vibration dampening
- Sets & cures quickly, with adjustable set times
- Provides electrical isolation
- Good vertical memory & stiffness
- Acoustic noise reduction
- Chemical resistant
- No VOCs
- Easy, accurate application
- Prevents stray current problem
- Smoother ride, minimizes track wear
- Meets specific application requirements
- Strict safety standards
LRT Elastomeric Grout Applications
Railroad tie installation grout has many applications and areas of use, some applications include:
- Fill voids & annular space
- Fill insulated joints
- Rail maintenance & special void support
- Rail intersections, stations & "frogs"
- Rail construction/maintenance over subgrade structures, tunnels, vaults & equipment parking and storage areas
For more information, view our LRT brochure.
We also offer thermoplastic rail boots, which provides many of the same benefits and characteristics, and may be better suited to certain rail applications.