Rubber, Silicone & Flexible Plastic Extruded Products
Northwest Rubber Extruders, Inc. has been an industry leading manufacturer of custom rubber extrusions and flexible plastic extruded products for over 35 years. We produce superior quality extruded products, including rubber extrusions, flexible plastic extrusions, and silicone extrusions. We also offer conventional extruded products and custom-manufactured products designed to meet our customers’ unique requirements.
Precision Extruded Products
As a full service provider of custom rubber, silicone, and plastic extruded products, Northwest Rubber Extruders offers short run, quick-turn manufacturing of extruded products, as well as full production runs at quantities in the tens of thousands. We utilize “lean” production processes and new, innovative tools and techniques to produce the best quality extruded products while maintaining very short lead times. All extrusion dies are made in-house, and our laser micrometer monitoring process ensures tight tolerances for accurate profiles.
We also offer a wide variety of value added services to make our rubber, silicone, and flexible plastic extruded products the best choice for your project requirements.
Northwest Rubber Extruders is ISO 9001, AS 9100, and ISO/TS 16949 registered for quality assurance.
Extruded Product Materials
Selecting the right material for your silicone, rubber, or plastic extrusion products is one of the most important steps when planning your project. Choosing the right extruded products manufacturer will ensure that your part is made successfully, performs properly, and is delivered to you at the lowest possible cost.
If you’re not sure what extruded product materials would be best-suited to your application, Northwest Rubber Extruders’ experienced staff can assist you in selecting the proper material for your needs. We stock most common commodity-grade materials and a wide range of engineering-grade plastics, rubbers, and silicones. Our relationships with plastic resin suppliers ensures our ability to procure any extruded product materials that your job may require at a competitive price.
Common Materials for Extruded Products
- Chloroprene (Neoprene®): excellent Freon® and ammonia resistance; good chemical and weather resistance; moderate water, high temp, and petroleum oil resistance; -40°F to 250°F
- EPDM: excellent weather resistance; good low temperature, heat, and chemical resistance; -60°F to 300°F
- Natural rubber: excellent compression set resistance; high resilience; good abrasion and tear resistance; FDA approved; -60°F to 220°F
- Nitrile (Buna N): excellent compression set resistance; excellent tear and oil resistance; good abrasion resistance; -20°F to 210°F
- SBR: good brake fluid and water resistance; -50°F to 212°F
- PVC: good weather, water, acid, and base resistance; good tear strength; -20°F to 180°F
- HMW PVC (High Molecular Weight): good low temperature and UV resistance; good tear strength and flex fatigue; -58°F to 220°F
- TPV: good weather, abrasion, and low temperature resistance; -75°F to 210°F
- Standard and custom blends: combining beneficial characteristics of two or more materials
- and many more
Extruded Product Specifications
We can manufacture silicone, rubber, and plastic extrusion products to meet numerous customer, industrial, and international specifications. These include, but are not limited to:
- ASTM D-2000
- SAE-J 2558
- UL 94
Contact Northwest Rubber Extruders Today
Northwest Rubber Extruders is the only manufacturer you need for custom plastic extrusion, rubber extrusion, and silicone extrusion. Request a quote on extruded products for your application, or contact us for more information on our extrusion capabilities.