E Shaped Rubber Extrusions
E-shaped rubber extrusions contain a hollow seal and groove and are designed for use as a seal or gasket on parts and equipment. The groove installs on the edge of a part, either with or without adhesive, and the hollow portion compresses to seal out moisture, fluids, and debris. Some of the common applications for custom E-shape rubber profiles include automotive, aerospace, electrical, medical, food production, home appliance, and several others.
E-Shaped Rubber Profiles in Custom Sizes and Materials
Northwest Rubber Extruders, Inc. produces E-shaped rubber extrusions in custom shapes and configurations to meet a range of sealing needs. Using custom e-shaped rubber shapes ensures We extrude e-shape rubber profiles in sizes from 1/16” around to 14” wide, and with straight lengths up to 20’ and coiled lengths up to 200’. All e-shaped rubber profiles are manufactured using innovative, lean processes and we can accommodate short runs and high quantities.
E-Shape Rubber Extrusion Material Options and Properties
We extrude E-shape rubber profiles using natural and synthetic materials and can combine two or more materials to create standard blends.
- Chloroprene (Neoprene®) provides high water, flame, and weather resistance.
- EPDM is weather and ozone resistant for weatherstrips and similar applications.
- Natural rubbers are tear and abrasion resistant and feature dynamic flex fatigue characteristics.
- Nitrile (Buna N) is oil resistant for gaskets and automotive applications.
- SBR is a low-cost, general purpose material with good abrasion resistance.
Request a Quote for Custom E-Shaped Rubber Profiles
Northwest Rubber Extruders, Inc. is a leading provider of custom e-shaped rubber shapes in the size and material you need. Our team will review your design and help you select the right E-shape rubber profile and material for your application.