Custom Rail Tie Pads
Crossing Tie Pads & Under Tie Pads
Northwest Rubber Extruders (NWRE) custom extrudes under tie pads and crossing tie pads for railroad construction. With our patented designs, premium materials, and precision custom extrusion capabilities, we deliver rail pads that exceed the strict requirements of the railroad industry.
Custom Extruded Crossing Tie Pads
U.S. Patent 6,442,478 B1
Any place where concrete railroad ties are in direct contact with concrete support panels, such as road crossings, the weight and vibration of railcars passing on the track above will quickly degrade the concrete components. Northwest Rubber Extruders custom railroad crossing tie pads act as a barrier between the two concrete surfaces, protecting panels from repeated impact on the ties and vice versa. This extends the life of both components and reduces maintenance and replacement costs.
Our crossing tie pads are made from thermoplastic materials designed to meet the demanding needs of the railroad industry and designed to resist movement from their intended positions. They distribute the forces caused by irregularities protruding from the edges of ties and can compensate for uneven ties.
Benefits of NWRE Crossing Tie Pads
- Increase the working life of concrete panels and ties
- Distribute forces caused by irregular tie surfaces
- Compensate for uneven ties
- Protect panels and ties from repeated impact with each other
- Specially designed to resist movement from their intended positions
Custom Extruded Under Tie Pads
U.S. Patent 7,278,588 B2
Northwest Rubber Extruders custom under tie pads are made from specially formulated elastomeric material that reduces the modulus of railroad tracks over relatively stiff structures to a magnitude approximating the modulus of track over the terrain surrounding the structure.
In other words, our under tie rail pads help the concrete railroad ties used on bridges and other specialized track sections behave more like standard wooden ties. Our under tie pads reduce vibration and impacts that can dislodge cargo and damage railcars, ties, and tracks. They help reduce ballast breakdown and associated maintenance and replacement costs. And, because they’re molded directly into the concrete ties themselves, NWRE's under tie pads also help reduce installation time and cost.
Benefits of NWRE Under Tie Pads
- Minimize undesirable amount of vibration
- Reduce impacts that can dislodge cargo, damage railroad ties and railcar structures, such as wheels, and degrade railroad track
- Reduce installation time and cost—under tie pads are molded into concrete ties
- Reduce ballast breakdown and maintenance costs
Contact Us for Extruded Custom Rail Tie Pads